The purchase is made on the basis of the specifications, which specifies the requirements of the machine and, in particular, its purpose. This requires the manufacturer to offer a machine with a suitable protection concept.
- Include safety experts, plant managers, and operators in the purchasing process
- Take into account motivation for tampering
- Explain the manufacturer's protection concept
If the tampering of a protective device has been detected on a machine that has already been used, the following procedure should be followed:
- Return the machine to the safe state
- Analyse the situation:
- What is tampered with and where (e.g. door switch on machines etc.)
- How has it been tampered with (e.g. actuator unscrewed from door switches)?
- Which activity has been tampered with (e.g. operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, setup)?
- Determine causes, e.g.:
- Quantity printing
- Required process monitoring
- Faster setup
- Reduce workload
- No interruption in the automatic mode
- Missing or unsuitable operating modes
- Take countermeasures taking into account the "TOP" ranking:
Check the effect of the measures taken
Regular random checks
Long-term, repetitive tests
- Technology (e.g. alternative protection concept, additional or alternative operating modes)
- Organization (prohibiting tampering through corporate culture, changing the process, working with a suitable machine)
- Personal measures (training, instruction)